Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What I Think I'm Hearing

Had to go out to the car to get something, and the night felt so good on my shoulders. Couple of camping trips coming up this fall; can't wait to feel the autumn out in it. A few days gave us a taste.
I'm obsessively playing Richard Buckner's Meadow, especially the first track, Town. I went to see him not out of much desire; I just wanted a night out with my best friend. The opening set by his band nearly had me snoozing. As always, it took words to pull me in. When he finished singing, I didn't know whether to burst into tears or flap my arms and fly up to the roof. All these unbearably prolonged feedback loops, lacunae-heavy links of couplets. Such a big, dark man. We didn't get the CD we bought autographed because we were too shy. Just as well, because I can't find it now, to check the accuracy of what lyrics I hear...

I feel it still
holding on
another time
almost caught
sometimes it's when
you wouldn't choose

I left you there
tumbled down
losing days
moving slow
It comes to me
a broken chance
speaking parts
second glance
Can you see it too?
I guess it got away

No comments: